Are you passionate, creative and looking to work in a busy environment?
Do you want to help families realize their dream of homeownership?
We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator who is:
- A self-starter
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Happy working most hours outside an office environment
- Positive attitude and energy
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new situations
- Team Player
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Good at problem solving with the ability to generate new ideas and solutions
- Detail oriented
- Good Computer Skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs, social media
- Willingness to learn
- Vehicle to access build sites
A Volunteer Coordinator recruits and coordinates volunteers for Habitat for Humanity both for the build site and the Restore as well as special projects. He/she ensures that volunteers have a fun and rewarding experience while filling the volunteer hours needed by the organization to continue its efforts in the community.
Reporting to: The Executive Director
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating all volunteers
o Including making accommodation, food & transportation arrangements for out-of-province volunteers
- Creating an exciting environment on-site for special events
- Coordinate promotions on build sites and in the ReStore
- Coordinate amenities with community build teams
- The build site photographer
- Recruiting ReStore and build-site volunteers
- Responsible for the volunteer incentive program
- Responsible for volunteer recognition program
- Liaison for each build team
This position is a full-time job, co-pay benefits plan. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
To apply please answer the following question:
We are not getting enough volunteers out on the build site. How can we get more volunteers out?
Show us your notes (your thought process) behind an event called “Christmas in July” then write a sample Facebook post showing how you would promote this event using social media
Please submit your cover letter and resume, along with a 1 to 2 page answer to the question below to:
Habitat for Humanity PEI
Address: 365 Mt. Edward Road, Charlottetown, PE, C1E 2A1
E-mail: [email protected]
Application Deadline: June 1st, 2015