ReStore – Donor Ambassador (Truck driver) and Donor Ambassador (Truck Driver) Assistant
Purpose: To carry out the stated purpose of the ReStore and Habitat for Humanity PEI. The Donor Ambassador provides assistance to the ReStore with pick up and drop offs of items. They also represent Hbitat for Humanity PEI in the community. The funds generated by the ReStore help Habitat for Humanity to reach its vision of eliminating substandard housing.
Responsible to: The ReStore Manager
Time Commitment: Minimum 4 hours per week.
Hours of Operation – Monday-Friday 9 am to 5 pm and Saturday 9 a.m. to 2 pm
Location: HFH PEI Charlottetown ReStore – 365 Mt Edward Rd Charlottetown PEI
· Loading and offloading items from the truck
· Able to lift heavy objects
· Provide excellent customer service
Qualifications and Skills:
· Understanding of the Habitat for Humanity philosophy and the desire to promote it
· Previous experience working in retail, receiving or labor is an asset but not mandatory
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Ability to work with a team or independently
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customers, HFH PEI staff members and volunteers
· Detail oriented
· Friendly, approachable and outgoing
Screening Process: Interview and criminal record check
- Use professional skills in a volunteer capacity
Satisfaction of contributing to HFHPEI mission
Sign Up Online Here. Once you have registered as a volunteer, navigate the tabs on the left side of the page for a list of available ReStore positions.
Email: [email protected]
Call: 902-367-3041 for more information.