Position: ReStore Customer Experience Associate
Salary: $15 per hour
What is Habitat for Humanity? Habitat for Humanity PEI is a non-profit organization working towards an Island where everyone has an opportunity to access safe, quality, and affordable homeownership. With the help of our generous volunteers and donors, the organization has provided 78 families with safe, quality, and affordable housing throughout Prince Edward Island. Habitat for Humanity PEI is one of 48 affiliates of Habitat for Humanity Canada.
What is the Restore? The ReStore is a home décor, building supply, and home renovation store that accepts and resells new and gently used items. Proceeds from the ReStore fund the mission of Habitat for Humanity PEI, which is to construct Habitat homes for hard-working families in the province. Supporting the ReStore helps deserving Island families achieve the dream of homeownership.
Customer Experience Associate delivers a positive experience for donors and customers by providing excellent customer service and prompt and accurate handling of the donation and sales processes.
Responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
- Provides excellent customer service and positively engages with all customers.
- Maintains a neat and organized checkout area.
- Greet all customers/donors in a professional and friendly manner.
- Accurately enters product data.
- Accurately accounts for cash, debit, and credit sales transactions.
- Answers incoming telephone calls from customers and schedules donation pick-ups.
- Marks SOLD on products that are sold and awaiting pick up.
- Answers all inquiries from customers.
- Is an ambassador for health and safety practices for a safe work environment.
- Ensures all documentation is completed properly.
- Completes merchandising tasks as directed and maintains an efficient flow of merchandise from receiving to salesfloor.
- Merchandises and maintains designated areas (I.e., facing, signing, labeling, housekeeping, etc.).
- Lifting/moving of furniture, doors, and other large items.
- Ensures the movement of merchandise is done in a safe and effective manner.
- Provide excellent customer service, anticipate customer needs, and nurture a welcoming environment for all. Commitment to respectful and appreciative interaction with our ReStore customers, donors and volunteers.
- Work as a part of a cohesive team to meet/exceed established sales targets.
- Ensures loss prevention practices are followed.
- Controls cash, following cash handling policies and procedures.
- Maintains proper security of cash and merchandise.
- Acknowledges customers coming in with a greeting. Ensuring customers know they have been seen entering the store.
- Report to manager and participate in day-to-day operations of the ReStore in accordance with established policies, procedures, and practices.
- Respond to donor and customer inquiries about the mission of Habitat PEI and the ReStore.
- Competence in receiving donations, refusing donations, and backroom/receiving areas operations—cleaning, testing, pricing product as required.
- Help maintain cleanliness and safety of workspace.
- Presents proper image to the public by uniform policy and dress code guidelines (clean appearance, approved uniform, etc.).
- Perform other duties as required.
- Completes all training and executes any new initiatives.
- Training and supervision of Habitat ReStore volunteers as assigned.
- Complete general store opening/closing/operating procedures and checklists as instructed.
- Able to lift at least 50lbs
- Will be available to work flexible shifts, including Saturdays
- Requires the physical ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods. In this position, the individual must stand, stoop, bend and grasp to complete required duties and tasks
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Will perform other duties as directed by store management
- CSA steel toe work shoe/boot
- Professional in appearance and a good ambassador of Habitat PEI
- Strong customer service, communication, organization, and basic math skills
- Team player with a friendly and approachable personality
- Problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Habitat, we believe in the difference that access to opportunity makes. We believe in this for homeownership, and we believe in this for employment. Habitat for Humanity PEI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from BIPOC, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQ2+ community, and women. If you have a disability or need that requires accommodation, please let us know. We know the strongest teams are diverse teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Embrace Diversity: Promote a culture of inclusivity.
Work Together: Collaborate and encourage teamwork across all aspects of our organization.
Be Compassionate: Practice empathy and create empowering opportunities for others.
Go Beyond: Strive for excellence and contribute to growth, improvement, and new ideas.
Practice Gratitude: Appreciate the impact of donors, volunteers, staff, and the community have on our mission.
Have Fun! Contribute to a positive and lighthearted atmosphere and celebrate each other’s successes
Please send Cover Letter and Resumes to Justin Ford, at [email protected]